The annual New Melle Festival will be June 14th, 15th and 16th. This long-standing community tradition brings people of all ages together to enjoy top-notch live entertainment, an all-star carnival company, delicious food and refreshments, a washer tournament, baby contest, and so much more.
Vendors are invited to reserve their spot now. Applications available at the NMSR website: www.newmellesports.com.
• Thursday, June 14th: Great family atmosphere on Thursday night to kick off the weekend: a magic show, local emergency service vehicles from St. Charles County Police and Ambulance Departments; and the New Melle Fire District, a balloon artist, and much more. Fun for the whole family! Admission $2 per person, or $1 plus a canned food item to be donated to the local food pantry.
• Friday, June 15th: That night begins our beer garden and live entertainment featuring a returning favorite, Whiskey Dixon, plus our annual Queen Pageant at 7 p.m. Gates open at 6 p.m. Admission $5, kids 12 and under free.
• Saturday, June 16th: Our annual parade is going to be re-energized this year with a new committee looking forward to some big changes. The parade starts at 11 a.m. at Daniel Boone Elementary. We invite area groups to participate with a float, so grab a group of friends and enjoy the parade by taking an active role! Parade applications available at www.newmellesports.com.
• Saturday afternoon, enjoy the washer tournament, baby contest, and live entertainment by Contagious that evening.
• All Weekend — Let the kids enjoy the carnival rides as you enjoy New Melle’s world famous gizzards, a cold beverage, and hanging out with all your friends and neighbors.
More details will be posted online at newmellesports.com within the next few weeks and also on the New Melle Sports and Recreation Facebook page. Be sure to stay in the loop and don’t miss out on the fun! Call us for questions at 636-828-5158.